Tuesday, July 31, 2007

A view of the Nile

Cairo, Egypt

Cairo at Night

Can you see a sliver of the Nile river? I think Cairo looks nice at night. We had a good dinner that night at a restaurant called Abou El Sid. The restaurant had a nice atmosphere and look although a little bit smoky... People were smoking hookahs! I did notice that the smoke smell coming from the hookah is not bad at all since it doesn't smell like cigarette smoke. The food was excellent, although, if you ask me again the names of the foods we ordered, I just can't remember. (I think we ordered all the dishes there marked Egyptian... hee-hee!) The taxi ride to the restaurant and back was an adventure! (We thought the taxi we were riding would be hit by other cars a few times, but I guess the car drivers there have a way of communicating so they don't hit each other too much... hee-hee!)

1 comment:

Sammy said...

Thanks for the nice photo. Wow. you've done a lot of travel. I'd love to have the chance to do half of that travel :) I felt home sick so i was looking for some photos of Cairo when i got to your archives. Nice job