Thursday, May 27, 2010

Salt mines, agricultural terraces anyone?

Maras-Moray, Peru

Peru1 795    Peru1 800

Peru is such a beautiful place! This is the view on our way to Moray!
Oh yeah, it was interesting the way we got to Moray and Maras... We just hired a cab to take us there and what do you know, the cab driver does not really speak English!!! Well, the good thing with that is we got to practice our Spanish... Hehehe! It worked out pretty well, since I can understand better what our driver was talking about, and my friend can speak better Spanish than me, so I listen and my friend speaks... hehehe!


Peru1 804    Peru1 810

Peru1 812

The photos are a little blurry... (Okay, it's really blurry but it's good enough I think... hehehe!) Here we are in Moray! Here we saw agricultural terraces where they said each level has its own micro-climate, good for growing different varieties of plants.



Peru1 833

On our way to Maras, we saw a bunch of fully loaded donkeys! I thought it was cute! Hehe!

Peru1 835    Peru1 839

Peru1 841

Here we are at the salt mine! According to our driver, each pool is owned by a family who has worked on it for generations! Try counting the pools and you'll be amazed at how many families work on the salt mines!!!

No comments: