Saturday, September 11, 2010

More Waterfalls!

Niagara Falls, Ontario

P1000614

This is one of the first views we got of the falls. Isn't it amazing? We were getting a little bit wet from the spray of the water! Can you see the Maid of the Mist(the boat on the water)? I've been on it a long time ago, and it's a pretty neat experience getting close to the falls, you can really feel the power of the falls!

P1000617    P1000697

That's the American falls on the left, and the horseshoe falls on the right, as viewed from the Canadian side. Yes, I agree that the views of the falls from the Canadian side is better than the US side... Hehehe! Last time I was at the falls, aside from going on the Maid of the Mist, we also went on the Cave of the Winds tour where we walked down to a point beneath the bridal veil falls (US side). I can't remember the experience exactly but I remember a kid pushing me towards the falls so I was really drenched! Luckily, I was still wearing the blue rain coat from the Maid of the Mist. Hehe! Maybe someday I'll go back there and do the Maid of the Mist and the Cave of the Winds again!


P1000692

We walked a little bit around the area and I'm not sure exactly how to describe it, there was a lot of arcade thingy things around and of course all those tourist souvenir shops and restaurants... Interesting, I guess. Oh yeah, and we did see a mountie! And yes, we had our photo taken with the mountie! Hehehe! (He was glad to have his photo taken with anyone! There was actually a line of people wanting to get a photo with him! Hehehe!)

P1000661    P1000688

P1000675

We got another opportunity of viewing the falls from a different angle, from the SkyWheel at Clifton Hills!!! Okay, it's only a ferris wheel, a very slow moving ferris wheel that gives you an opportunity of viewing the falls from above, for awhile anyways(hehe!), and the surrounding areas... I don't know what it's called though... =) Anyways, the views were gorgeous!

No comments: